Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July Book Tour! SDCC! Charles Schulz Museum!


What’s that? Another Blog post in the same day!?!  Basically, I have a bit to express and didn’t want it to be too long.

So after Denver Comic Con, what’s next?  I guess I’m kind of doing a “book tour” in July.   Kind of, but not really, but kind of.  Here it is:

July 6, 2012= Art show at Scum of the Earth Gallery in Denver, Co.  I’ve been going to this church for much of this year and it’s been pretty great.  Oddly enough, since the curator is at Cornerstone Festival, I’m kind of managing the night.  I have one ridiculous painting of a “catfish” that’s up.  It’s $100 and you could theoretically buy it with paypal if you can't make it to the show.  [I'll post pictures after it debuts.]  Friday, the show is from 7-10 pm and has lots of other artists.  This should be a great time.  I’ll have special book plates of my painting to go in HF2 and my usuals for sale, including paintings that aren’t on the walls.  This show will be displayed through July.  Come if you can!  http://scumoftheearth.net


July 11-15= San Diego Comic Con International!  I’ll be with my publisher, Lamp Post, in Small Press Q-01.  That’s, in my opinion, one of the best spots for the convention.  We’re against the back wall, but perpendicular to the first row of Small Press.  We’ll be on a corner and actually have a lot of space in front of us.  You can enter at Hall B at the Mile High Comics display, continue past DC, Oni, and others and get right to us! 

I’ll be doing the free crayon sketches all weekend.  If you mention this blog, I’ll give you $5 off of HF2.  I’ll have the hardcover versions of HF2, also! [Hardcover= $20.  Softcover= $15]  Both will have a free exclusive SDCC 2012 signed/numbered bookplate!  Plus! I’ve got a new set of buttons and a banner featuring art from HF2. 


We’ll be debuting other new books I worked on as editor, like The Cardinal Adventures and  Pakkins’ Land vol 2.  If you buy either of them, I’ll also give you $5 off of HF2 [not to be combined with $5 off for mentioning this blog].

I’m a sell out since I finally bought a banner, as I’ve always said that I like creating a unique display for each show.  But I’m finding that these take me too long and for out of town shows, this is more practical.  Also: I got it for like $75, with shipping.  So, I guess that’s not so bad.  After hours, I’m looking to hang out at Trickster and meet up with old friends!  It should be great!  Also: I want to eat at El Pollo Loco at least once…


July 21= I’m a guest artist at the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, CA!  How about that?  Pretty crazy, right?  I’m super excited about this.  I have an exclusive, free, signed & numbered mini comic specific for this show.  Limited to the first 20 who attend.  It’s not available or for sale anywhere else and will never be available in this format ever again.  I won’t even be selling them at San Diego [still wondering if I made the right choice on that one]!  This will be from 1 to 3 pm and is one of my best opportunities, ever!  I can’t describe what a blessing this is!   www.schulzmuseum.com

July 25 or so [TBA]= I’m hoping to get a signing scheduled in a Bay Area store.  Hasn’t been nailed down.  I’m sure something will be.  If you have any other leads, please let me know!

Also! Don't forget to like the new facebook page=  
www.facebook.com/HeavenForbidNotWorstComic

What a great experience this all is!   Thanks, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment